OPI Guy Meets Gal-veston


Collection: Texas (2011 Spring)

A pinkish coral jelly. I love jelly polishes so I was only interested in the sorbet side of the collection. It was a toss up between getting this or Big Hair...Big Nails because both were so similar. I think I made a good choice! While GMG looks like a normal coral in the bottle; it's actually an amazing chameleon! I'm not very cool-toned so it leans just slightly pink on me. But on my friend who is cooler, it looks especially pink on her nails!



The formula is meant to be sheer so my VNL can still be seen. Despite that, it was a dream to work with. It wasn't streaky and dried quickly with three thin coats, creating a yummy depth to it. No top coat is needed as it has a very glossy finish. GMG is a very summery color  which suits me fine because it's sunny all year round in Singapore.


The picture above shows how jelly looking it is in real life. My camera had an extremely hard time trying to capture its true color  it kept turning orange! It also consistently took away the rich depth, making it look thin and watery. The most color accurate picture (after editing) is the first at the top.

Thanks for reading!

Polish sandwich:
• China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat (1 coat)
• OPI Guy Meets Gal-veston (3 coats)

No comments:

Post a Comment