Fruit Fest!

Over the weekend, I decided it was time to try out the fimo nail art that I got from Ebay a few weeks ago. My intention was to use a cheery color for the base and I settled on a green cream from Nature Republic.


I bought my fimo pre-sliced so I didn’t need to do any extra work. Some might prefer to buy the whole canes instead as it is cheaper. The canes can be cut with a penknife, and you can decide how thick you want the slices to be.


I found the thinner slices more flexible and they contoured easily to the curved surface of my nail. However, when it’s too thin it lies rather flat on the nail; a thicker slice gave me a greater 3D effect.


I used clear eyelash glue to stick the pieces on my nails before adding a thick coat (or two) of Seche Vite. SV really helps to secure the slices as it creates a thick protective layer over the. I also found SV to be a good substitute for the glue.

My biggest problem with this was that my hair kept getting caught on it. Three pieces got pulled off within a day and I was worried every time I washed my hair.

As this is my first time trying 3D nail art, please ignore the imperfections that can be seen. Still, I think it’s a decent attempt as I got positive reactions from my friends. I don’t mind trying it again, just not so soon. Or maybe with less slices or as an accent nail. (:


Here’s a close up of my favorite nail. I just wanted to show this as I thought it came out the best! I hope you find this as cute as I found it!

What are your opinions on fimo nail art? Will you try it? Or is it not for you?

Polish sandwich:
• China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat (1 coat)
• Nature Republic GR602 (3 coats)
• Fimo Nail Art
• Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (1 coat)

No comments:

Post a Comment