Polish Days: Something New

I almost forgot about this month’s Polish Days even though it was pushed back a week (because the first Tuesday fell on the 1st). The idea was to try something new – an untried color, a technique or even a new finish! I have quite a number of untried polishes but I thought it would be more fun to try a new technique. Then I remembered an old trend: newspaper nails!


My original idea was to have nude nails but I failed my first attempt. So I switched colors because newspapers are usually grey. I couldn’t get the ink to ‘print’ clearly on my index finger (as seen) even though the rest turned out better.



One thing to note about newspaper nails is that the words can’t be read. But that’s not completely true – if you can read them easily if you reflect your nails in the mirror. Or you can digitally flip your picture as I’ve done below!


Polish peels:
• Michelle Base (1 coat)
• Zoya Kristen (2 coats)
• Newspaper ink
• Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (1 coat)


No comments:

Post a Comment