Polish Days: MAN-icure


This month’s Polish Days theme is ‘man’ focused in commemoration of Movember. Movember is an initiative to bring awareness to men’s health issues, particularly testicular cancer. There’s no colored ribbon here for the guys – instead, they are encouraged to grow a moustache for the whole month.

And I thought, what better way to do a MAN-icure than with some ManGlaze? ManGlaze was made by men for men. Sounded perfect to me (;

I just had to do a moustache and tuxedo but not on every nail. There was no guarantee that I wouldn’t mess up (with my sad lack of art skills) and get frustrated instead of enjoying myself.



I decided to use black acrylic paint for my moustache and the bowtie and buttons of my tux. Good thing I did, because I washed off the moustache and redid it twice. However, I didn’t want a boring black and white affair, so the tux jacket is a gorgeous deep blue shimmer.

On my last two fingers, I used the spun sugar (ring) and saran wrap (little) techniques. I was trying both methods for the first time and it turned out fun and easy to do. I love the results! The same deep blue shimmer is used here, but since ManGlaze dries matte, I left them without any top coat.

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I had! Scroll down to take a look at the other ladies’ MAN-icures.

Polish peels:
• NailTek Foundation II (1 coat)
• ManGlaze Mayonnaise (3 coats)
• ManGlaze Royal Matterimoaning (1 coat) – middle, ring & little fingers
• Omni Acrylic Colour in Black – index & middle fingers
• Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (1 coat) – index & middle fingers



No comments:

Post a Comment